Sunday, May 1, 2011

Let's start sailing!

The dock is in, and the Country Day sailing team has been our on the lake for a few weeks now (they all have dry suits), so I guess there's no reason that us old folks can't go, too. Let's make the first race Monday May 9th at 6:30 pm. (The sun sets at 8:43, so we'll try to be off the water by 8:30.)

I talked to a couple of small boat racers at dock-in yesterday about the format of racing. I see this as an informal way to practice racing, without too much concern for results other than "did I do better or worse than I usually do against <fill-in-nemesis-name-here>" In my case, sailing a Laser, that nemesis is Gavin Awerbuch.

Try to read up on Rabbit Starts. There's a couple of posts here on the blog.

Any wagers involving beer at a bar after the race is strictly up to the wager-ees.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 9th

1 comment:

  1. do you need to be a PYC member to join in the Monday night racing?

    ReplyDelete